Working at TKS
A tiny but mighty group of teachers, faculty, and staff, The Kessler School is a great place to work as we seek people who set a high standard of professional and personal excellence.
Please see below our current opportunities:
Position Title: 3rd Grade Teacher
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Type: Full-Time, 10-Month
Reports To: Head of School
Location: Dallas, TX 75208
Published: May 20th, 2021
Located just minutes from downtown in the beautiful hills of Kessler Park, the Kessler School offers a unique educational experience for students grades PK-8th. The Kessler School creates a community of diverse learners that values individuality, cultivates a passion for learning, instills a respect for others, and promotes leadership and community service. Our community collaborates in equipping our students with skills and values that help develop self-sufficient, high-achieving learners and aspiring leaders. Teachers accomplish this by facilitating authentic connections to engaging real-world situations and providing opportunities to explore outside of the classroom, immersing students in collaborative learning experiences to sharpen critical thinking skills, communication skills, and autonomy.
TKS is currently seeking a reliable, qualified teacher interested in joining us. We are accepting applications for teachers with a competent background.
TKS Essential Functions
●Possess an ability to work independently in a self-contained classroom while collaborating with peers to improve his/her craft
● Execute daily lesson plans for all assigned teaching blocks, to include but not limited to math, science, language arts, and social studies.
● Internalize daily and weekly unit plans and submit to designated administrator a week prior to implementation
● Analyze student data regularly—both formally and informally—and respond to student data with follow-up lessons that address gaps
● Actively participate in all professional development sessions and weekly coaching sessions
● Attend PLC meetings with regular engagement and commitment to improve instructional, culture-building and leadership skills.
● Incorporate feedback from coaches and administrators in a timely manner
● Communicate weekly with families and other key stakeholders within 24 hours of initial contact.
● Implement all TKS routines and procedures with fidelity
● Complete all duties, posts, and tasks as assigned
The above list consists of the essential functions of the job, but is not a complete list of all responsibilities and expectations.
Elementary Job Description
- Plan for and implement lesson plans and projects for 3nd grade students, to include all Units of Study for reading and writing.
- Serve in the homeroom teacher role to support the executive functioning amongst all students
- Lead grade-level TKS Cares initiatives.
- Produce weekly newsletters to communicate content-specific topics.
- Coordinate knowledge of students, instructional content and curricular resources to design differentiated units and lesson plans aligned to the Workshop Model and Common Core Standards.
- Facilitate Project- Based and Place-Based Learning experiences for all students.
- Use a variety of assessments fully aligned with instructional outcomes to provide a full composite of student abilities and needs to inform instruction.
- Provide students with evaluation based on the development of individualized goals for performance that are specific, measurable, data-based and time-bound.
- Provide students with frequent and accurate behavioral and academic feedback
- Identify students who are at risk and initiate effective intervention strategies
- Engage in coaching cycles and implement research-based strategies that maximize their own performance and that of their students.
- Manage student behavior and classroom routines to maximize learning time and create a positive classroom environment.
- Celebrate student progress and effort each day in their classrooms.
● A Bachelor's degree and excellent academic record from an accredited college or university with an emphasis on Elementary Education, Reading, and/or Writing.
● An M.A., Ed.M, or Master's degree in Education or relevant experience preferred but not required.
● TCRWP Formal Workshop Training and/or willingness to participate in TCRWP Institute Professional Development with on-site coaching sessions.
● Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, private school setting preferred
● Superior communication skills, both formal and informal
● Must have basic computer skills and technology
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply by filling out the application located above along with your resume and email to our Head of School, Vanessa Ullmann at email@example.com.
The Kessler School is an equal opportunity employer.